Monday, May 3, 2010

Local Stuff You Should Know #15

Select Shows (Fucked Up / Goatwhore / X / Bastard Noise)

Guest Writer Josh RodriguezBeing a promoter, I rarely get the opportunity to see a lot of the bands I would like to see, unless I'm working with them that night. Of course, if the situation arises efforts can be made, but that's not something that I would ever want to make habit out of. I've become familiar with forcing myself to believe that I will see them (whatever band it may be) the next time they come around. This is one of the many reasons I've decided to slow down, and to only do shows for bands I like. The older I'm getting the less I want to help out people who I cannot artistically understand. For that, my personal effort(s) to come out to shows or the desire to do shows is decreasing. Some call this "elitism" and other call it "getting old in the scene", but I like to call it what it really is... lack of finances to support music I feel should and could be supported in Arizona. Regardless of what may exist in my bank account, I've come to terms with a couple of things in my life... we are all creatures of habit, and I have an addiction.
Read more on AZPunk.com »

No comments:

Post a Comment