Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Because I Wasn't There

Anti-Snob.com documents Phoenix punk 1976-1980


T.S.O.L. @ Mad Gardens '83

Because I Wasn't ThereI have been obsessed all year long. Obsessed with a history I was never a part of... and one that I am barely qualified to write. It all started after the Super Bowl party in early February. My best gal-pal Denise from The Cosmeticators invited a few of us over to her pad to watch the video she shot during The Lustkillers show at Jamie Monistat's WokStar Bar the night before. The video was part performance/part shenanigans, starring yours truly as a liquored-up volunteered fool being decorated with toilet paper by some of my friends.

After we watched the Lustkillers vid, Denise told us of a DVD that she received a few copies of from an old friend. She gave me one of the copies. It was an early 1983 show at the famous Mad Gardens in Phoenix featuring TSOL, Grant & The Geezers, and JFA. By now, I reckon more people around town have this bootleg.
Read more on AZPunk.com »

No comments:

Post a Comment